Monday, January 2, 2012

Staking Their Claim by Katie Blu

Summary:
Addie Ruben divorced a year ago. Though she’s had a year to recover, she struggles with self-worth and the mistakes she’s made. So when she returns to Barley Hill where she grew up, she discovers that she isn’t the only one who’s changed. Her best friend TJ isn’t content to sit on the side and wait any longer. He’s going to claim Addie once and for all. When his roommate Cale joins in, Addie gets a little more than she bargained for and the town gossips have set their tongues to wagging.

Addie learns to trust her judgment, which was shaky to begin with, in order to fight off the town naysayers, keep the board of education from firing TJ and Cale, and defend her newfound confidence before the whole town. Fortunately, she has two men at her side who love her through it all, and this time Addie isn’t afraid of what the future holds.

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
This is the second of Ms. Katie Blu’s books I've read, and although I prefer the paranormal genre, I've found out that the contemporary genre can be wonderful too if you find the right writer. And Ms. Katie Blu has all the qualities I search for: incredibly awesome characters, amazing story, impressive writing style. I recommend you to check out her books because only then you will understand what I am talking about.

I must say I fell in love with all of her characters. In this book, there are three main characters, Addie Ruben, TJ Layton, and Cale Lucas; Why can’t I find someone like TJ or Cale or both of them in the real world? I would grab them and hold tight… But I have to go back to the story…

Addie is a hurt woman, she ended a disastrous marriage and it's taken a year to put the pieces of her broken life together again. When she returns to Barley Hill where she grew up, she realizes that her best friend, TJ, has changed. He has decided to take his chance, the one he lost eleven years ago, and he won’t let anyone stand in his way.

However, TJ’s best friend was also in love with Addie. In the past Cale hid it, but now he's decided to see what could be between them.

Addie wanted both of them and no men wanted to stay away so they started a relationship together.

Will they succeed in protecting their relationship in a small town where everybody knows everything and polyamorous relationships are despised?

Like I said before, this is a wonderful story, I really recommend it. It deserves 4.5 stars.

Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand Publishing

0 comments:

Post a Comment